- A road trip to re-charge your batteries.
- Discover all faces of the native Pušipel grape variety.
- Meet and greet the winemakers in person (visit to two wineries).
- Enjoy a filling lunch based on traditional recipes.
- See what makes prekmurska gibanica one of the richest desserts in Croatia.
- Available: Year round
- Group size: 2-4 persons
- Duration: 5+ hours
- Lunch: included
Međimurje is the green, tranquil region in the northernmost part of Croatia, thriving between the rivers of Mura and Drava. It’s something like Croatian version of the Shire from the Lord of the Rings. Wine-making is simply the way of life for many people here, with tradition dating back to the Ancient Romans. The most famous cellars can be found around the villages of Štrigova and Sv. Urban. You’ll find the usual continental varieties here, mostly white, but Međimurje’s flagship is the local version of Furmint, protected under the name Pušipel.
This tour is for curious wine enthusiasts seeking new experience, but also for travellers who love scenic rides, pastoral landscapes and hearty traditional food. Specialties you can taste on this tour include: meso z tiblice, prekmurska gibanica, heljdina kaša, Muscat.