- See why the tiniest Croatian wine region is also one of the most exclusive ones.
- Soak in the magnificent views and enjoy the peace and quiet you don’t experience often.
- Meet and greet the winemakers in person (visit to two wineries).
- Take a stroll through a vineyard.
- Have a filling traditional meal on top of the hill.
- Available: Year round
- Group size: 2-4 persons
- Duration: 5+ hours
- Lunch: included
Croatian smallest but premium wine region of Plešivica lies 30 km southwest from Zagreb, on the gentle slopes of Samobor mountain range. Around the town of Jastrebarsko, there are dozens of farmsteads and family wineries, growing mostly white varieties like Graševina, Chardonnay, Pinot blanc, Rhine Riesling, Sauvignon, Gewurztraminer, as well as Croatia’s answer to Beaujolais – Portugizec young red wine. Thanks to continental climate but plenty of sun, Plešivica is also the home of premium sparkling wines, successful experiment with amphorae and delightful Pinot noir. It is definitely one of the most important spots on Croatian wine map. Hospitality is as deep-rooted here as the wine-making tradition.
This adventurous tour is for curious wine enthusiasts who love discovering off-the-beaten-path boutique wineries, while taking a pleasant countryside ride and trying top-notch local food.